Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall Cards

I am uploading a few cards tonight...all with a warm fall color scheme. I love this time of year! Making cards is easy when the color combos are so Yummy!!

This first card was a "Limited Supply Challenge" on splitcoaststampers. Hosted by my stampin' friend Wendy, it truly was a tricky challenge. The theme had to be fall which was easy...but NO embellishments! No ribbon, twine, brads! Back to the basics, baby! Well, I needed an anniversary card for my hubby. Bruce likes my cards, but he doesn't "need" all the extras, LOL! No embellies just screams Guy Card, dontcha think?? So here it is...the image is from Lovely as a Tree ( a Stampin' Up classic!) and the DSP is Autumn Meadows, found in the Holiday Mini. Card stock is close to cocoa, really rust, whisper white, and taken with teal. I used my photo corner punch and dusted off my paper crimper. Finally, I hand wrote the sentiment. It's kinda corny, but it made him smile!!


This next card was for a swap with 2 friends (I made 2 of them of course!) I love not quite navy with really rust. I used Pattern Pack paper, which comes out as a Hostess Level 1 item each catalog now. LOVE them! Several colors of DSP in 6x6 pieces. The image is from Gifts of the Earth, stamped with Stazon black, so it wouldn't bleed while I colored it with my aqua brush and Wonderwatercolor Crayons. I also used my oval punch, scallop oval punch and corner rounder punch, some brads, and some dimensionals. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.


Finally, I am gonna upload one of this weekend's projects from my Stampin' Mania Club. The Medallion background stamp is featured on a piece of very vanilla cut out with the Top Note die (my Big Shot fave!!). It is colored using the very messy baby wipe technique, using re-inkers in not quite navy, more mustard, and dusty durango. I texturized the strip of really rust with my Big Shot, and added a round "fire" brad. My image is not as crisp as some of my clubbies...but I think it looks distressed and old-world pretty! Another Teeny Tiny Wish on an oval! I'm hooked on this little detail!


That's it for tonight! Time to go to bed!! *wink*

1 comment:

  1. I love #2's layout...and that baby wipe technique turned out super neat!

    ReplyDelete