Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Punch-y Cards

I am getting ready for this week's Stampin' Mania Club...and I realize I don't have last month's projects uploaded. Now I admit there are 2 main reasons for this: first, one of the projects was designed by my fabulous SU leader, Meg. I obtained a card kit for participating in a business challenge (one of my demonstrator perks!) from Meg...and it was perfect because the Club met the week before my biggest fund raiser of the year. So, I did not want to take credit for her creation. The other problem was my computer went whacky...then when I got back online, I forgot all about it! Tsk tsk!

So...I made a card for Halloween so the gals could order their own Halloween goodies with plenty of time too create. Problem is, I don't have any Halloween sets! Gasp! I have some sentiment sets with "Happy Halloween" but nothing else. And I knew my September hostess wasn't a big fan either, but I thought someone would be! After all, Halloween is second only to Christmas in retail sales.

So, I opted for a card featuring punches. I used my oval punch for the pumpkin...sponging each oval (cut from Pumpkin Pie, of course!) with a bit of Really Rust. Got that idea from a stampin' friend in Florida...thanks Michelle! The grass is a piece of Old Olive punched once with the scallop punch, then again, off-set a bit. The sentiments are from the hostess set Holiday Best, and matted with elegant eggplant, one also with pumpkin pie DSP. I made the stars with my gel pen and added bits of grosgrain ribbon in elegant eggplant, whisper white and old olive. The card base is basic black...and I should have used my bone folder..Oops!
The picture doesn't do justice to the colors...but they are fun!

By the way, turns out my entire group is not into Halloween! So they used the "give thanks" sentiment from the same Holiday Best stamp set...Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment