Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Thursday, October 8, 2009

More WCMD cards

I really need to be stamping tonight. My 16th anniversary starts in 3 hours! LOL!! Bruce is in bed already since he has to be at work at 3 a.m. for another 12 hour day. It kinda stinks...but it is a good job, so we are grateful. He will likely be too tired to do anything tomorrow, so we are celebrating on Saturday.

But before I can create a card for him, I need to clean up my WCMD mess. I will post a picture later (I really did take one!) First, I want to post a few other projects from last weekend.


This little card was made for a volunteer at the pregnancy ministry where I work. We recently had a fund raiser, and I had LOTS of help! The stamps are retired (Baby's Firsts & Many Thoughts)...except I did stamp "thank you's" in yo-yo yellow on the baby panel...just can't see it. That thank you stamp is from All Holidays. The colors are inspired by the Brazilian flag, which was one of the challenges. I used yo-yo yellow, green galore, and pacific point. The yellow panel is embossed w/ a texturz plate, and I used a corner punch and FABULOUS ribbon!





Here is a simple Christmas card, also for a challenge. I needed to incorporate ornaments. I don't have the new Stampin' Up punch or ornament stamps yet (Gasp!) but I had these die cuts from the Christmas Jingle Simply Scrappin' Kit. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes, and the branches are from the retired Peaceful Wishes. Chocolate Chip, old olive and ruby red ink...modern label and ticket corner punch, riding hood red taffeta ribbon.
















Here is another thank you card...the large round "fire" brad and the layers with lots of dimensonals make this one better for hand delivery. A simple color scheme of mellow moss and rich razzleberry combined with the True Friend stamp set. The challenge involved off-set panels for it's "sketch" or layout.
















Finally, this card was made for a color challenge...pumpkin pie, very vanilla, and chocolate chip! Doesn't that sound like a yummy fall dessert?? I used some DSP, grosgrain ribbon, and brads...texturized and sponged my main panel..stamped the flower from Wings of Friendship (hostess set) and the retired (BooHoo!) Very Versatile. I bought that set just for this thank you verse!!! Perfect for volunteers and donors!! I think this is my favorite for the weekend...maybe 'cuz it makes me feel cozy!!

Ok...time to go make that anniversary card!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment