Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

WCMD projects





So, I had hoped to upload this stuff on Sunday...didn't happen! Then the last 2 days have been crazy busy at work...plus we are having a spiritual retreat of sorts at church for 4 nights this week. Wow! So, I will just post a couple of things tonight...this could take a while! LOL

This is a "One Sheet Wonder" gift set. I LOVE making these! I did a workshop with a few friends on Saturday. Planned it way back in February, before I knew it was World Card Making Day...kinda cool how that worked out! This set features the stamp set called "Serene Snowflakes" found in the Mini Holiday Catalog from Stampin' Up. I usually use 4 colors,and one neutral, then I make 5 or 10 cards. You can use Designer Series Paper (DSP), but I like to make my own! I am a STAMPER! LOL!! The colors are rich razzleberry, bermuda bay, melon mambo & taken with teal.




Now, here is a card I made with one of my favorite stamp sets...Thoughts and Prayers. I used chocolate chip, always artichoke and very vanilla card stock; brocade blue ribbon ( I LOVE ribbon) brads, scallop and ticket corner punches...oh I almost forgot. Chocolate chip, brocade blue and always artichoke ink. I made this for a woman at church whose husband died lastweek. So sad..hope this will give her some comfort.




Ok, one more for tonight. I needed a lot of thank you cards for volunteers at the ministry where I work. WCMD was the perfect time to get some done, plus use some of my HUGE stash of last years In-color goodies. The first challenge on splitcoatstampers for Saturday was to incorporate a quote. This one from Mother Teresa is perfect...I have had this stamp for eons! The card stock is baja breeze (retired) basic black, and whisper white. I used baja breeze ink to stamp the flourish from the Wings of Friendship hostess level 2 set. The plush ribbon is retired...but black grosgrain would work too. The buttons, in kiwi kiss and baja breeze have the new silver elastic cord from the Holiday Mini...plus I added a dab of Crystal Effects to keep the knots in place. That stuff is so versatile! Of course I used a corner punch (rounder) and dimensionals...
because I *have* too! I can't wait to make more of these in various colors...I always need thank you cards!!


Whew! Now I think I will go to bed! Hope to stamp and post more tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment