Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

LIFE is good!

Well, I just waned to post a quick note today. If you look at my profile, you will see I am committed to the Sanctity of Human Life. I work at a ministry which helps women see the gift of life as a beautiful, good thing. I believe every baby is precious, from the moment of conception!

Sometimes we have sad days. One of our clients recently miscarried, and she is having a hard time understanding why. I know she likes butterflies; she told me this when she saw all of my butterflies on the wall in my office (cut out with my Big Shot, of course!) I wanted to send her a special note, letting her know I was praying for her. I made a card for a recent Featured Stamper challenge... CASE-ing my cyber friend Riley. (A CASE [copy and send to everyone] is a project inspired by someone else's work, just changed up a bit.) Everything on the card is from Stampin' Up! I changed the colors and layout a little and added the butterfly for my client. I used chocolate chip and very vanilla card stock, some pumpkin pie and retired kiwi kiss DSP, Inspired by Nature stamp (the flowers) are stamped in choc chip and heat embossed, grass is kiwi kiss. I also used Flight of the Butterfly and Very Versatile stamps. Finally, brads, oval and scallop oval punches.

Last week, I received a call from a young woman who was convinced she needed an abortion. She counseled with my staff, and had an ultrasound today. Then, she chose LIFE! Praise God! When she realized that she was not alone, she found the courage to accept this baby. We will talk adoption with her, as well as parenting, with various supports our ministry offers.

Now...time to create a special card for her too! Happy Stamping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment