Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Cards from LAST Month!

Hello Friends!

Last month, I made a few cards in a row and thought I was going to be updating my blog a lot.  Hmmm, didn't happen.  But I decided to post them now...better late than never!

 This first card is what kicked me back into stamping mode: an anniversary card for dear hubby.  I had no idea what to make that day (yes, I waited until the actual date!)  I got home from work, and Bruce was working overtime again.  I started by grabbing this fabulous autumn spice dsp.  As I looked at my stamps, my eye caught this cutie from SU's "For the Birds"  We have a bird bath in my back yard, and Bruce loves watching the birds play and splash.  I used my blender pen to color the image, and added a bit of sponging.  The colors featured are pool party, always artichoke, soft suede, and pumpkin pie.  (Not sure why I didn't use more mustard ink to match the card base...guess I wanted some contrast.)  The modern label punch makes a showing with the classic Teeny Tin Wishes.  Brads and dimensionals add depth.


The next card was done for this Friday Mashup challenge...I just never posted it!  I needed a baby card for our Medical Director, and the challenge color scheme was perfect for a baby boy!  The card base is basic black, and a layer of whisper white allows the pacific point, marina mist, lucky limeade, and gumball green to pop!  I used the long retired SU sets "Baby's Firsts" and "So Very."  The argyle impressions folder and baker's twine add texture.  Simple, quick card!

Thanks for stopping by today!  I'll be posting more stuff soon!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

1 comment:

  1. Super cute, love the patterned paper and images you used! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete