Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Those Other Color Cards...

So, when I posted in October, I bragged about doing 6 splitcoaststamper color challenge cards.  I posted 3 back then, and never posted the others.  I decided to post them now, as I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging.  Plus, they were fun cards!!

 The first card called for sahara sand, pacific point, and night of navy.  Made me cold just thinking about it!  LOL!  I brought out this polar beaer from "Zoo Review," a stamp set I hesitated to buy, but now I am happy I have it.  (Needed some non-bird animals!)  The navy was embossed with the square lattice folder, the dsp is a retired version of patterned paper, but you can find similar paper in the brights pattern paper stack.  I used "Happiest Birthday Wishes" adding a bit with a marker.  Brads and dimensionals make it pop.

  The next card was tough:  tangerine tango, perfect plum, and summer starfruit...with pool party as dessert.  Really??  Yes, I am not making this up!  I struggled a lot, deciding to use "Mixed Bunch" with an all-over pattern.  I did a bit of rock-and-roll on the largest image.  My decorative label and scallop oval punches, combined with "On Your Birthday" take center stage.  I messed up the ribbon placement...but that is what happens when you make things up as you go!  I am not in love with the starfruit color, but my hubby picked this out of my stash for his mom's birthday card.  "I like it," he said.  Who knew??



















This final card is more my palette...rich, cozy, saturated colors!  The challenge colors were rich razzleberry, more mustard, and midnight muse; I added crumb cake.  The card features the top note die, "French Foliage" and "On Your Birthday" stamps.  My leaves are from the sizzix leaves die, embossed with the woodgrain impressions folder.  A bit of Autumn Spice dsp, big button and linen thread finish it off.  This went to one of my newest staff members, whose birthday was the week after she started working with me! 

Thanks for stopping by again to see some "old" cards!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment