Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Monday, September 20, 2010

Bright Butterflies


A friend of mine requested that I make a belated birthday card for her mom. Actually, it wasn't supposed to be belated, but she mentioned it one day while we were at lunch, and I completely forgot! She called me after the birthday...wish she had called to ask how I was doing on it. You know, a reminder call. Oh well. I can't go back in time. I guess she got a regular card...this will be a bonus card.

I made this card for yesterday's Featured Stamper challenge on SCS. Here is the card I CASE'd.
I changed the color palette (by request) to this bright scheme...so out of my comfort zone!! I used retired colors lovely lilac, pixie pink, and lavender lace, along with tempting turquoise. Stamp sets are Fifth Avenue Floral, On Your Birthday, and Flight of the Butterfly. I had fun using my butterfly punch...also the scallop oval and word window. The gemstones are non-SU.

Next time,I hope to be ON time!! LOL!!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}

1 comment:

  1. Oh those precious "flutter-bys" Love the background paper you made with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete