Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Out from Under a River Rock


















Have I mentioned I don't really like the color "river rock?" Have I said how bummed I was when it came out of retirement to make the core color collection? Have I mentioned how many of my stamping friends insist it will grow on me if I just give it a chance??

Well, I used river rock for a new catalog swap...back in JUNE...and never touched the stuff since! This weekend, as I was stamping a lot, I decided to try it again. I used basic black and not quite navy (including the must-have-pattern-paper-stack). I stamped a flower from Fifth Avenue Floral randomly, and added dazzling diamonds in the center. Tried to at least. Looks like I need some heat and stick powder! My scallop oval and modern label punch are here again with Teeny Tiny Wishes. Grosgrain ribbon and rhinestones finish it out. The sketch is from a challenge blog...here is a link.

So...do I like river rock yet? Hmmmm...the jury is still out!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}

8 comments:

  1. Love the way you made your own DSP on this card. Great job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous! I am not a big River Rock fan either but in this color combo...WOW! Love that great DSP you created with the floral stamp, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like River Rock ... well paired with certain colors! I do have to say...my nickname for this color is 'runny baby poop'...all my stamping friends know exactly what color I'm talking about when I say that! GREAT take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along this week on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and great job on the sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, River Rock is one of the changeable colors that I really DO like! I love your card, beautiful job with the Create with Connie and Mary sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I love River Rock and I think you used it so very well on this card. Greatt job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on RRock. One of my downline can't live without it however! Great card, I really love the BG paper you made with Manhattan Flowers and the sketch is perfect for this.

    ReplyDelete