Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Colorful Challenges

Here are 2 recent color challenge cards from splitcoaststampers. All products used are from Stampin' Up!

This clean and simple card was made with always artichoke, blushing bride, and marina mist (this week's colors). I used some patterned paper from the Hostess Level 1 In-color pack. The cute little bird is from Fun and Fast Notes, colored with markers, and mounted on a bit of artichoke patterned paper. Everyone should get these Patterns Designer Series Paper Stacks! So versatile...such a great way yo add interest in a short time. I accessorized with artichoke seam binding and flower brads from the brights collection.





This next card was for a swap, and for last week's color challenge...pear pizazz, peach parfait, and concord crush. I added a bit of daffodil delight and baja breeze too. I actually started this swap before the color challenge was posted, but it took me forever to finish!! I have somehow lost my oval punch. How did I do that??? My efforts to find theovl so I could use a particular sentiment failed...so I resorted to the fail-proof Teeny Tiny Wishes. My faithful scallop oval and word window punches got a work-out, as I needed to make 30 of these! You probably recognize the Awash with Flowers images too, for 2-step stamping. I think I am going to tuck them away for the fall/winter season now. That way they will feel like new next April! More patterned paper...and how 'bout that FABULOUS twill ribbon!? It comes in each of the 5 In-colors! I *need* some more!

Thanks for stopping by!

Inky {{HUGS}}}

4 comments:

  1. Love your birdie card. Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color choices! They are both so pretty!

    Tee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are beautiful, love the stripes for the birdie card, just perfect for that and love the paper and colors for the flowers. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both cards but the first is darling!! The clean lines, the colors and the simplicity really spoke to me. Love it.

    ReplyDelete