Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dare to be Colorful!

Last week's Color Dare was fun...but I failed to upload it on time! Oops!! But hey, I can still post it here. Riley asked us to use Pink Pirouette, Rich Razzleberry, Baja Breeze, and Very Vanilla. Big Oops here...I used whisper white instead. Oh well! I thought the colors would be fun for a snowflake card. I used Serene Snowflakes to make my own designer paper. I cut out the large snowflake, to fit the Sketch Challenge on SCS. The layer of baja is from Candy Cane Christmas dsp, sadly now retired and unavailable. I used three punches; scallop trim, modern label, and word window. Teeny Tiny Wishes turned these snowflakes into a winter birthday card. One glimmer brad and 1/4 inch ribbon give the final touches.


This other card is for last week's CAS challenge on SCS...calling for kraft (or SU Crumb Cake) Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Cake and Whisper White. I love when the CAS challenges are color combos! Since it had to be clean and simple, I had to restrain myself from adding some contrasting colors or more embellishments. I needed a masculine thank you card. I ran my wild wasabi through the Big Shot with the perfect polka dots impression folder. I stamped with Dasher and Lovely as a Tree, as well as Thank You Kindly. This is the first time I used a jumbo brad...fun, isn't it? My sentiment was colored with my wild wasabi marker, then "thumped" with my chocolate chip marker. I outlined that layer with the marker to give the allusion of another layer without the bulk.

I just love playing with color!!! Hope you get to play today!!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}

9 comments:

  1. These are so pretty, love the snowflake card, has a vintage feel to it and the tree with the deer is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards! I love the color combo on the snowflake card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards! I am especially partial to the second one, but they are both very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just darling! What lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cards. I love the snowflake card layout. The Dasher card is also lovely. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are very pretty! Love how you created your own dsp on the snowflake card. The colors are gorgeous on that one! Dasher in the "forest" is gorgeous, too! I really need to just break down and buy the Lovely as a Tree set, t is so versatile. Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both of these.. The colors in the snowflake one are perfect so soft.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun colors for the snowflake card, but I love the dasher card!

    ReplyDelete