Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Dare to Try Again!

This week's Color Dare is bright and summery...a great diversion from the cold of January! I made one card...and it was like a snowball rolling down a hill! Stop! Too much!! LOL!! So, I tried again, and I am happier with the results. I thought about making one more attempt...but with two 12th Day of Christmas parties this weekend, there was no time.

The Color Dare assigned us tempting turquoise, tangerine tango and pear pizazz. I had some retired tangerine ribbon which I really want to use up. On the new side, I have this adorable Stampin Up! set called Aviary. It had not seen ink yet, so I pulled it out for a debut. It is quite a cute set! My extra large scallop punch and Circles big shot die came in handy. The card base is tempting turquoise, and I added some pear pizazz pattern paper from the Hostess Level 1 pack. I ran some whisper white through the Big Shot with perfect polka dots...but just part way, so I could stamp the sentiment. This cute 'hello' is from "Hello Again," a set in the Idea Book and Catalog (IBC) but also available soon as a FREE set when you place a $50 Sale-a-Bration Order! Contact me for more details!

Back to the card...since I had already added the ribbon, taped on the back...oops...and I needed more tangerine, I took my marker and outline the white layer. I also added a tiny bit on the bottom of the cage.

Just for fun, I'll post my reject card. Here, not on SCS. More limited views on my teeny tiny blog! LOL!!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}

2 comments:

  1. I have that bird set on my wish list. You have used it wonderfully along with this week's colours. Thanks for joining us at the Color Dare this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first card better too! Very cute, and I really like the DSP as a layer behind the scallop circle.

    ReplyDelete