Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sketch a Resolution



















I am a week late on a splitcoaststampers sketch challenge, but it has nice clean lines, so I decided to do it any way! The sketch is turned in a vertical orientation, instead of the horizontal shown on the challenge thread. I decided to combine it with a Free for All challenge hosted by my friend Dawn (dawnmercedes). She encouraged us to make a project reflecting a New Year's Resolution...but the trick was it could not be a stamping resolution! Gasp! Well, I looked at my numerous stamps, and came across these 2 sentiments about prayer. I realized I really want to re-focus my prayer life this year. Two of my ministry volunteers...both retired men who have done so much to help the clinic grow... are struggling with serious health issues. So, I decided they need a little note. I want them to know I am thinking of them a lot!

Even though Dawn said the card should not be about a stamping resolution, these two are. By using retired kiwi kiss card stock and retired dsp, I am working on my resolution to use my goodies...not just hoard them!! I am sure she'll understand! The other card stock colors are basic gray, whisper white, and not quite navy. I used vintage brads and dimensionals. The verses are from a craft store.

If you made any resolutions,I hope you can keep them! ...at least until February!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}

1 comment:

  1. Way to go for using your supplies! I think your resolutions are wonderful and you sould share them every day. I'm certai that your volunteers will appreciate these cards. Great color combo. PS: I gave you a "stylish" shout out on my blog today! :)

    ReplyDelete