Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Monday, August 2, 2010

Extreme Birthdays!

This weekend, I did more of the Dare to Get Dirty challenges on splitcoaststampers. I did not finish them all...but I think I got 25 out of 33 completed! Pretty good, huh?

Stampin' UP! has some cool silhouette stamps great for teens. I used the 2 that I have: Extreme Guitar and Extreme Snowboard. I got them both FREE last March during Sale-a-Bration, and now I wonder why I waited so long! I plan on getting the others...including Extreme Elements before the end of the year!

Because DTGD challenges are for Fan Club members only, I am not going to post the details. BUT you can sign up for a mere $25 for a full year!

Here is one card: I used Pacific Point for my card base, and a distressed pattern from the Blueberry Crisp DSP. I sponged just a touch of Baja Breeze in the lower right corner, and on the snowflake, cut out with my sizzlit die, which runs through the Big Shot. The Extreme Snowboarder is stamped in Pacific Point, and the sentiment is from On Your Birthday.



Now this next card is one of my favorites from the weekend! I had no idea what I was going to do...then the design kinda "happened." I used Night of Navy, Cajun Craze, and Very Vanilla card stock. I roughly brayered Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, and Cajun Craze ink over the main panel. Next, I used Night of Navy craft ink and clear embossing powder to highlight the Extreme Guitar image. I used retired stars and a retired sentiment on the "ticket" which I distressed as if it was in a teen's back pocket...then added Teeny Tiny Wishes. 2 brads in the corner finish it off. I have a teen nephew who loves classic rock...this will be for him!

Thanks for stopping by!
Inky {{{HUGS}}}

3 comments:

  1. Nice. I really like the look of the second card - it i very rock and roll with the splashes of colour and it kinda looks like the guitarist is in a spotlight! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the way the retiform background worked out on the guitar card! Awesome! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! And wow, that's a lot of challenges!!

    ReplyDelete