Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Lots of Friends!

One of my new stamp sets from the Idea Book and Catalog (IBC) is Friends Never Fade. The solid images are great for quick cards. I have used the stylized flower before, with the thumping technique,. but these cards feature other stamps in the set.

This first card shows off the two sides of dsp from Greenhouse Gala. I made the card front for a swap, using chocolate chip and whisper white, then mounted it onto a base of baja breeze. The main image is stamped in chocolate, the other image in pumpkin pie. I used certainly celery satin ribbon.


Now this card features my favorite new color...Cherry Cobbler...along with basic black and river rock. I had to force myself to use river rock. When it was first around a few years ago, I stayed away...but now that it is a core color, I am playing with it. Who knows...I may learn to like it! I used Versamark ink to get a tone-on-tone look on the river rock, along with the cherry cobbler. The main image is stamped in cherry on vanilla, with 2 basic black brads. The black layer is texturized with a Texturz plate and the big shot.




Finally, this is an old color challenge card I had not yet posted...baja breeze, so saffron, and rich razzleberry. LOVE this combo!! I made my own dp by stamping the tiny flower from Because I Care in the 3 colors. The pre-made dsp is from Greenhouse Gala. Saffron brads and white organza ribbon finish it off.

Isn't it fun to see one stamp set in 3 different cards? Have fun being versatile!!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}

11 comments:

  1. What great cards, love all the different versions using the same set. I agree on river rock, not really a favorite, but just love cherry cobbler. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great use of this image on three very different cards. I especially like the first one because I like that patterned paper and color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I especially like the peek-a-boo image on the first card. It really shows off the marching stamp! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards! I love the color combos you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, love the second one with the cherry cobbler, what a great color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I found your blog through SCS. What wonderful friendship cards, I think the first one is my favorite!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH these are sooo pretty! Such gorgeous colors and layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how pretty! I love all three, but the first one is my favorite. Great fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are sooo pretty. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cute little peekaboo image on the first card!

    ReplyDelete