Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sketchy Swap


I had such a busy week, that my poor stamps have been neglected! After speaking for a local prayer & Bible study group early this morning, I buckled down and stamped away. Just 2 days ago, I signed up for 4 swaps...perhaps foolishly considering my work schedule for the next month! One swap is for sympathy cards. I had made a simple card quite awhile ago...expected too simply duplicate it...but then I looked at the sketch challenge on SCS. I kept changing things up...colors, sentiments...and this is the final product. I wanted something earthy for the upcoming fall season.

I started with Woodland Walk dsp...that led me to a chocolate chip card base, and layers of both garden green and wild wasabi. I added peach parfait for contrast. I used the retired stamp set Close as a Memory, coloring the image with garden green, peach parfait and pumpkin pie markers, then sponged the edges with crumb cake. The scallop trim border punch adds a lot, I think. I didn't have room for the sentiment that goes with the flowers, so Teeny Tiny Wishes is featured again with the modern label punch. The wide chocolate ribbon and corduroy button are retired, but the hemp twine is still available. And hey, the button works for the Ways to Use It challenge this week! Ta-dah!

I made 2 extra cards, but the rest will go postal to my swap hostess Monday morning.

On to my next swap!!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}

7 comments:

  1. nice layout and color scheme for fall!!
    TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card, the image looks like watercolor and the colors are so soft, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors are work very nice together. I found myself reaching for fall colors today, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so peaceful and pretty. Love the button and the use of the punch. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty color combo for any time of the year in my opinion. I just bought that "Woodland Walk" paper myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, love everything about this card and the design is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete