Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Now for something totally different...









I love making cards! They can be elegant, sassy, whimsical, simple. I can finish a card quickly or invest a lot of time in it. Card making is a great hobby!

But what about other projects and other (non-paper) materials?? Last week, the club member who was hostess wanted to decorate a jar. Hmmm...what to do? She has a Big Shot, so I decided to use Sizzlits and Decor Element vinyl sheets. I never expected to buy this vinyl, but I am hooked already! What a great way to make gifts for friends and family!

The jar is a simple canning jar from alocal store. I used the Floral Fusion and Little Leaves sizzlits. Vinyl colors are old olive, pumpkin pie, night of navy and so saffron. The flowers have no centers, so I used half-back self adhesive pearls. The top is So Saffron Pattern paper, from the subtles pack, cut with the large scallop circle die. I dampened the card stock to shape it over the lid, and wrapped hemp twine around it. Actually, Bruce did! I just could not get my hand coordinated enough! The wide striped grosgrain ribbon is an alternative to wrap around the lid. That's what I'll do next time!

This project forced me to remember...the Big Shot is not just for paper!! It cuts through a lot of materials! I think I am going to buy some magnetic sheets next for refrigerator magnets...or or cork board for coasters....so many options!!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}

8 comments:

  1. I love this project! Isn't it amazing what one can come up with??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vinyl too! It is very addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is an awesome project...make very unique gifts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, I'll have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, this is great! I save all kinds of things that I think will make nice altered items. It's amazing how you will look at things differently when you are a crafter.

    -Christel

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this project, and isn't is wonderful how useful the big shot is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what are you going to fill in that jar? Candy??

    ReplyDelete