Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Dad

Today, my dad would be 72 years old if he were still living on this earth. He has been gone 5 years, and I still miss him. I often picture him with my little boy in heaven. Or perhaps swapping stories with Bruce's dad, since they did not meet this side of eternity. Hmmmm

One thing is for sure...I always knew my dad loved me! I grew up singing with him at church, family gatherings, even Camp Fire Girl events. I remember the smell of Folgers coffee each morning when he was home...and phone calls in the evenings when he was on the road. He taught me how to play cribbage, and the right way to make a seriously good sandwich. He took me fishing at a local small lake, with a 12 foot bamboo pole. That fishing card from yesterday brought back memories! I watched Dad create many beautiful woodworking projects, and always knew to keep some distance because he became very verbal when things didn't go well! He was rough around the edges, but with an incredibly tender heart.

Love you dad...see you heaven someday.

6 comments:

  1. Your post brought a tear to my eye. Hope you're ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...I'm ok. Just feeling sentimental.

    Thanks ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lost my (step) mom suddenly earlier this year and I don't think you ever "get over" these things. She was a mother to me and an amazing grandmother to my children. Thanks for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain. My dad's b'day was Aug 13. He's been gone 16 years and I still miss him. Praying that God will bring warm memories into your heart that give you joy.

    God bless,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep them close in your heart, I lost my dad in 1979, but I think of him often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I reflect every one else's comment's here. My dad died 7 years ago in 2003. I still miss him. I was his little girl and he is still so precious and dear in my memory.

    Hugs friend!

    ReplyDelete