Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Monday, April 4, 2011

Cake Inspiration


Two posts in one day! I guess I am anticipating a rough week later on!

Last Thursday, the Create with Connie and Mary blog challenge had us look at a pretty funky cake. I focused primarily on the color scheme, but there were some stripes and some curvy swirls also.





I decided my striped river rock pattern paper would work, and I used my extra large decorative label punch 3 times to get some swirls. I stamped the Hostess Level set, Silhouette Sentiments, on whisper white, using my marina mist and river rock markers. I cut the other labels, then attached the pieces along the edge of the white label to get this effect. Satin ribbon always adds a nice touch, and a bit of retired gold cord matches the trim on the cake. My sentiment is punched out with a circle, and the main whisper white panel went through the big shot with the perfect polka dot impressions folder.

Funky cake...fun card!!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}

16 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card! I love this color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Card!

    BTW, I want to give you the Stylish Blogger award! Check out my blog for info, www.MakeSomethingCute.com. Congrats!

    Angel Hawks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. I like the triple punch effect on the image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is the perfect accompaniment to that cake! What a fun way to find inspiration =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Kim! The Decorative Label Punch layers are exquisite! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! I love the simple design! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you captured the essence of this picture in your card. The color combo and the design are wonderful! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card. I never thought to do a triple layer on the Decorative Label. Love the look.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love3 the colors for a TOU card. Very appropriate and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love it. Those colors are just wonderful together too. Wonderful card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card! Very simple but very elegant! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome!!! Love how you interpreted the cake this week! Great job with the label accent! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. clever way to layer the punched element. Pretty card. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Clean lines and simple design, yet so pretty. Thanks for playing at Create With Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great colors...beautifully done! Thanks for following my blog...I am now a follower of yours too!
    Hugs,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! Love the inspirational photo too!! ;)

    ReplyDelete