Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday Mashup! Time to Get Punchy Baby!!

Hey there, Stampin' Friends!! It's time for the Friday Mashup!!
I have a fun challenge for you! I work for a non-profit Christian ministry...and we help mommies and babies! I LOVE babies!! And I love making baby themed cards...for a new born, for a first birthday, even for the first time mom while she is still pregnant! Feel free to make other non-card baby-themed projects.
Now, part 2...Last night was literally the night of a major fund raiser for the ministry, and I have been working long hours trying to get things just right. (That's why I haven't been stamping or blogging) I am generally a night-owl, but with the extra stress, I have been a little punchy lately...so there's the inspiration for the second part of the challenge!! Bring out your punches...special shapes, pretty borders and corners...even dies and sizzlits that you crank through your Big Shot. Can't wait to see what you create... Put FM04 in your online gallery to show off your entry. Time to get Punchy, Baby!!
I really struggled with my card, even though it was MY idea!! LOL! My creative juices were a little slow coming, since I have been suffering from Banquet Brain Syndrome. Anywho...I decided to use some punches to make a cute crib for my little baby who obviously is not in the mood for sleeping! I used a great girl card color combo...pear pizazz, chocolate chip, and pink pirouette, with a touch of melon mambo. The dsp is a scrap from some retired patterned paper, but you can get the new stuff in the subtles paper stack. The crib was made with the scallop trim and word window punches, and some added rhinestones. Hey, why not start a girl out right?! The baby image is from a retired set called Baby's Firsts. I colored her with markers and cut her out before putting her to bed. My whisper white card stock was placed in the Big Shot with the perfect polka dots impression folder. I left the bottom plain so I could stamp the sentiment (retired SAB stamp). I added some grosgrain ribbon for the final touch. My hair stylist is due to deliver a baby girl any day...guess who gets this card!

Hopefully, I'll know how well the fund raiser went this time next week. If you are the prayin' type, I'd appreciate your prayers! Our goal is to raise $80,000. WooHoo!!

Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup!! Remember...put FM04 in your online gallery!!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}

7 comments:

  1. I never would of thought to make a crib so you had some great creative juices in there.. Great Challenge, I struggled a bit too but once I got rolling it was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable idea!! I love this little baby - VERY sweet card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too Cute for words, great inspiration card for our players at the Mashup. Cheers, Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooohoooo, I was able to access your site by using Firefox, yes!!

    Kim, I LOVE this card!! That crib is the best idea ever! You'd never be able to guess that you're creative juices werent flowing because you totally nailed this challenge! I really like the ribbon along the top!

    P.S. Congrats on raising all the money you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous creation Kim!! I was away this weekend, sorry for the late comment!!! Love how you created the crib, so cool!!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete