Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sleepy Inspiration


Today, I planned on sleeping in. I had a full week at work, and Saturday's are my one day to stay in bed without any timeline. Plus, I confess, I was up 'til 1:30 a.m. looking at blogs and galleries! So imagine my disappointment when the phone rang at 8:10 a.m! Grrrrrr. I couldn't get back to sleep, so I got up and looked up the Inspiration Challenge on SCS. Now, this challenge took quite bit of time. I was not happy with the first card (posting any way) and decided to make another. Plus I had a happy detour of a phone call from a stamping friend!

My first card was inspired by this picture of mini ink pads. I just took my brights collection craft stampin' spots and stamped on whisper white, then coated with clear embossing powder and heat embossed. I mounted it on daffodil delight. The sentiment is from Fundamental Phrases, mounted in tempting turquoise and rich razzleberry. I added 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon in razzleberry, turquoise, and daffodil. It's clean and simple....but hmmm, not sure if I like it!

Next, I looked at this beach chair. I liked the earthy tones. I would never sit in anything like it...'cuz I would be stuck for good! Remember when I mentioned the online auction of retired Stampin' Up products? Well I got a package of Rustic Retreat ribbon originals. Perfect for this challenge. Wide ribbons work very well as substitutes for card stock or dsp when adding "layers". I had some retired creamy caramel card stock which I used for the base. The image is from the retired Please Be Seated, colored with markers and my blender pens. I matted it on basic black to coordinate with the ribbon. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes...but not punched out! Gasp!

Thanks for stopping by...maybe I won't be so tired tomorrow!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}

2 comments:

  1. Love your cards! You do great work, even if you're tired. I love that wide ribbon, and your beach chair is making me anxious for summer to come along. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colours with your muskoka chair! I agree, they are difficult to get out of! lol I do like the look of them sitting all in a row on the shore though - I actually grew up close to the muskokas so this is an image etched in my mind. :) Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete