Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Sunday, April 10, 2011

For the Birds

Hello everyone!

I made this card on Saturday for Wednesday's sketch challenge, but posting it on Sunday!! Did you follow that?? Busy schedules make for difficult posting...but hey, no biggie. I stamp whenever I can!



I started with a pumpkin pie card base, and used daffodil delight and pear pizazz for accents. All of these go perfectly with this print from Greenhouse Gala dsp. Such a variety in that package! My main image is from Aviary, stamped in stazon black on whisper white. I added a tall bird, colored with my markers, even added color to the bird cage. Each layer was accented with the scallop trim punch. Some people line up their scallops perfectly. God Bless them! I am not that coordinated! LOL! The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes, paired up with the word window and modern label punches. Basic jewel pearls and grosgrain ribbon finish it off.

About that ribbon... the card did not include ribbon originally. In fact, my first picture was without the ribbon. But, alas, my picture was not very good, so I decided to ask my husband to take a picture. But before I did, I set the card down...and behold! 2 small black splotches appeared! Gasp! I found the guilty party...a sponge wedge...sitting there, acting innocent. What to do? I once read a wise piece of advice, which I share with all stampers, experienced or novice: "There are no mistakes. Only opportunities for embellishment."

Yup. Another reason to keep a healthy stash of ribbon around!!

Inky and Splotchy {{{HUGS}}}

6 comments:

  1. I love this card Kim! It's soo very pretty & the layout is great! Excellent work Hun & TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! Great colors and use of the challenge sketch with this set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, I need to frame that quote and hang it over my desk in my stamp room! That is awesome! Your card is pretty great, too!! Fabulous mix of color and I love that layered border.

    Oh, those pesky sponges...I have had that happen before, too. Ribbon to the rescue! Came out great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! I love the bright, cheery colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! Great colors. Love everything about it. Well done.

    ReplyDelete