Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Happy Birthday, Claire!


Hello Friends!

Today is my dear friend Claire's birthday. I met Claire at church shortly after moving here. We connected right away. She is around the same age as my mom, and since my mom lives so far away, it was nice to have a mom-like friend close by. I sang at weddings for 2 of her 4 kids...and one of them sang at mine! Claire and her husband Bill volunteer at the ministry behind the scenes. They stuff envelopes, take out the garbage, weed the flower beds, participate in the Walk for Life. They are such humble servants who love Christ and His precious children so much!! I love them dearly!!

Claire loves pinwheels, and so I made this card for her. Boy, did I struggle with it! The colors were not my idea, but a Color Challenge (of course!) on SCS...baja breeze, poppy parade, and pear pizazz. I cut 2 inch squares of patterned paper in each color (the poppy and pear are from the Hostess Level 1 pack), cut them in half diagonally, then rounded the corner. Placing them on the whisper white background was far more tricky then it should have been! I placed a big designer button from the Mini Occasion catalog Springtime Vintage collection in the center. It has just a bit of linen thread on it as well.

The pinwheel takes so much room, that I really struggled with the sentiment. So, I just cut a tag, added some baja breeze and pear pizazz seam binding, and stuck it in on an angle. The sentiment is from On Your Birthday.

Kinda different...hope she likes it!! Maybe YOU have a good friend who needs a card today!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}

4 comments:

  1. Omgosh this is stunning! What a positively FUN card, with so much whimsy and joy! I think she will LOVE this, not like! Wonderfully done! TFS! (I hope to CASE this one day!) x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, Kim!! I have been wanting to make one of these cards for a while now and this is great inspiration! Love the mix of color and patterns! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, do I ever love this! Beautiful - may have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete