Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Weekend Challenges

Hello Stampin' Friends!

Another busy work week, but the weekend is for stampin'!! I made just one card yesterday, since I didn't want to "ignore" my hubby 2 weekends in a row! LOL! Today is Featured Stamper day on SCS, and we get to CASE Irene, aka DandI93. Another great new gallery for me!! Here is the card I chose to CASE. I used the same sentiment from Thoughts and Prayers. I kept the nature theme going with Botannical Gazette dsp and Nature Walk stamps, still available from the Occasions Mini catalog until April 30. The card base is early espresso, and the images are stamped on very vanilla cut out with the Top Note die and my big shot. Note that I cut off the edge along the perforations, so the lower layer of dsp can be seen. I colored the flowers with my markers, stamped once, then again to soften the image and add dimension. The butterfly is stamped in early espresso, but colored with so saffron using my blender pen. I cut it out and popped it up with dimensionals. Some sponging and vintage brads finish it off.

Yesterday's Inspiration challenge took us to a fun beach/nautical decor website. I chose this mirror as my inspiration. I am not thrilled with the execution of my design...but it was fun nonetheless! I used the single stamp Elegant Thank You in chocolate chip craft ink, used clear embossing powder, then heat embossed. It is stamped on an oval, then I placed random sizes of card stock strips around it to mimic the inspiration piece. Each of the pieces are dry embossed with the square lattice folder and my big shot, then sponged with chocolate chip. The colors are chocolate chip, baja breeze, certainly celery, so saffron, bashful blue,and basic gray. I mounted it on a sahara sand card base.

If I decide to make another, I would mount the strips first, then cut out the center. That's IF I make another one!! LOL!!

Thanks for stopping by! Inky {{{HUGS}}}

3 comments:

  1. Both cards are gorgeous! The first is so elegant. The 2nd is such a wonderful design.

    ~Cheryl~


    Check out my blog candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I love how these came out! The first card is so soft, with that Nature Walk set. You have really inspired me to break it out with this one! The second card is so happy with the fun color and texture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the design of the 2nd one!

    ReplyDelete