Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Monday, April 4, 2011

Never too Late to Use Color!

Hello there! This past week's Color Challenge on SCS was a great spring palette...but it took me until Sunday to actually make a card. Truthfully, when I looked at the colors...marina mist, certainly celery, and baja breeze, I thought about some retired dsp. I don't recall the name, but it coordinates with the retired set Embrace Life. I actually cut out a piece with my top note die on Tuesday, but did nothing else for days! LOL!

After lots of thought, I did something new: I cut the top note into quarters, then pieced them on the left of both the outside and the inside of the card, so that both patterns show. I stamped the large flower and leaves from Embrace Life in a random pattern, then cut one out as a focal point. A round fire brad and dimensionals pop it up. Teeny Tiny Wishes show up with the punch duo word window and modern label.


The inside sentiment is from Thoughts and Prayers. The seam binding on the front is technically pear pizazz (fabulous blog candy I won from Anne Marie!!), but it looks like celery here. And take note...it's tied in a BOW! Not a knot, not a flat stripe...an actual BOW! Took me forever (along with some strategically placed glue dots.)

I am so glad I have a picture to prove this happened...it may never happen again! Then again, maybe it's 'cuz I got it from Stampin' Anne...she makes great bows! LOL!!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!!!! Try the bow easy it makes great bows - once you get the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful card. I love the layout of the card, it's just perfect. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the use of DSP on the inside!

    ReplyDelete