Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Friday, April 22, 2011

Hip to be Square in B&W!!

Hey there, Mashup Friends!! It's time for another Friday Mashup Challenge!!
This week, Lesley gave us a classy challenge...make a card in black and white, or make a square card...or do both! I love black and white cards, but I gotta admit, I struggle with them. Seriously! I love color, so I just want to smack down a punch of red, or a splash of turquoise...maybe even pink! But I took up the challenge and came up with this:
I began with a basic black card base. I added a layer of basic black pattern paper from the Neutrals Stack. Next, I brought out my Baroque Motifs, and stamped the flourish onto whisper white with basic black craft ink, added clear embossing powder, and heat embossed. My Big Shot and Top Note die were perfect for this challenge, I thought. I scattered basic jewel rhinestones around the flourish, and out 2 on the dsp layer as well. The sentiment is from...you guessed it, Teeny Tiny Wishes. It had never seen ink! Oh my, guess I haven't made too many wedding cards! I punched it out with the modern label, layered over a scallop oval (flip side of the dsp) and popped up with dimensionals. Finally, luscious white organza ribbon with a bit of silver cording (hard to see) at the top.

Now...who's getting married??

Can't wait to see what you create! Make sure you put the keyword MU03 in your online gallery!!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}

10 comments:

  1. Kim, I love the elegant feel to your card, the sprinkle of rhinestones adds the bling that dresses black and white up. Cheers, Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous, Kim!! So elegant and I love all of the perfectly placed bling. Such a stunning wedding card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card for the challenge this week Kim, I think that set is one of my all time favorites. You can do so much with that flourish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, I love your card - you really inspired me. It's so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sophisticated and absolutely gorgeous. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love black and white cards-they look so elegant. And with bling-even better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the bling Kim! So sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card. I'm a huge fan of monochromatic cards, and a B&W one is even better. You did a great job with this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely. A person can't go wrong with Baroque Motifs. That flourish is outstanding in black and white. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you stayed with the challenge. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete