Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Friday, April 8, 2011

Exciting News!!!

Hello Stampin' Friends!! I have some very exciting news! I have been invited to join the Design Team for the updated "Friday Mashup" blog challenge!! WooHoo!! This is my first DT gig, and I am thrilled! The Mashup has a new look, and we get to combine, or "mashup" challenges! Right up my alley!

Well, with the new look, today is Friday Mashup 1...and YOU can join us! We're challenged to combine Butterflies with Dimension. Perfect for spring!










I also combined it with the SCS Free4All challenge to use embedded embossing. This is a simple technique that gives a Wow effect!

I needed a sympathy card...an area demo lost her father today. Somehow, I always feel like butterflies make people feel better. First, I started with a baja breeze card base, and added a bit of Springtime Vintage DSP (found in the Mini Occasion catalog). I cut the leaves in pear pizazz and flowers in so saffron, using my sizzlits and Big Shot... glued them onto a square of very vanilla, and then ran the whole thing through with the square lattice folder. Cool, huh? The flowers needed centers, so out came my subtles collection glimmer brads. Next, I cut out 2 butterflies using the Bigz Beautiful Butterflies die, glued them together, then embossed them with the same folder. Some basic pearl jewels and dimensionals on the back add...well, dimension! My sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes cut out with the word window punch. Finally, a bit of very vanilla satin ribbon. Gotta have ribbon!

This card will take some extra postage...it is square, and has bulk with those glimmer brads. But sometimes, an extra stamp is the least we can give.

Thanks for stopping by. Now go check out the Friday Mashup for yourself!!

Inky {{{HUGS}}

15 comments:

  1. WHOO HOO!!! Congrats to you!! That is awesome news! I know you are going to do a great job on their DT and they are lucky to have your talent. Can't wait to play along with the fun challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim - I'm so happy we'll be on the team together!! You're card is simply GORGEOUS -- love all the texture and colors. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Kim & congrats on the Design Team post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such exciting, fabulous, FUN news! Woohoooo! You are gonna have SO much fun! Congratulations! Love this beautiful card! AND...I got TWO beautiful cards from you yesterday! Thank you! <3 you, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! Your card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yahoo Kim! I am so happy to be designing with you! This card is stunning and I love the embedded embossing...absolutely gorgeous!!!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many congrats! This card is fabby - love the embedded elements you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Kim! Your card looks wonderful!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Kim! Your card is gorgeous! Thanks for the warm welcome over at the Friday Mash Up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh! congrats!!! I'm thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! How exciting! And I simply adore this technique ... must try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your new role! How exciting! Love everything about your card - it is really really pretty!! I wish I owned that butterfly die - it always looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats kim love your card your taker on the technique is awesome and i agree butterflies are wonderful cant wat to see more flying around this spring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Love the texture, the colours, everything about it! Congratulations on your first DT!

    ReplyDelete